Ageless

I attended a friend's birthday celebration today. On Saturday I'll be celebrating with another dear friend. Both of these women are near my age and both of them possess a sort of ageless beauty and energy. It brings to mind how I've told people recently, "I'm getting younger with age." So are they. Age is just a number and does not need to define us. There are a few things I've noticed that have crept upon me as my personal timeline has extended, however:

Wounds take twice as long to heal.
Sleeping on the floor is no longer comfortable.
Sleeping sounds more fun than partying (but still not more fun than dancing.)
Junk food sticks more stubbornly (and quickly!) around my midsection and refuses to go away.
I can no longer eat chocolate for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) if I want to function very far from a bathroom.
I have actually stated the phrase, "Oh, my aching back," and meant it.
I cannot rest immediately after exercising...if I want to be able to move again later.

And I have never been more confident, happy, and at peace with myself.

Life--and age--has taught me so many powerful and empowering lessons, including how to love myself in all the ages and spaces and to never give up on things worth fighting for. A pretty decent trade-off, I'd say.

Image result for age

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feasting

Save Me a Seat

Lessons